Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If Erik can do it...

It seems Erik has begun to blog. I've resisted for, oh, five years at least, knowing that I have little ability or desire to maintain such intentional forms of communication. Also, I've wondered why I would take the time to write about my life for people who have to read my blog to find out about my life. If you have to read my blog to know what's going on with me, then is it really worth it? That's a toughy, I'm realizing. In this age of Facebook, Twitter, texting, and IM, a phone call often seems like such an overwhelming endeavor. (Am I all alone in this?) I know it's not right, and I'm not saying I'm happy that I normally feel so busy that a phone call or e-mail is just too much to handle... I'm not even trying to excuse my poor communication choices. I guess that this is just my attempt to do - well - better. Maybe this is a form of communication that I'll excel in, and you'll all forget that I don't return your phone calls or messages. ;) I'm going to resist the temptation to feel narcissistic for writing for an "audience" and decide to write first, for me, and second, for anyone who feels like reading what I type is a useful, entertaining, informative, inspiring, or even encouraging use of time. Transcendent over both intended readers, however, is that I will be writing to God. Yes, I will be using names of others I will be addressing, and I will be focusing on some thoughts that are really not going to interest anyone else...but I will always assume that God is "listening" to my "conversations" on here, and it is best if you know that. I'll at least try to capitalize "You" in the middle of the sentence to help tip you off. Then you won't be confused if I say something mid-story like, "Why did You give me a slow metabolism, anyway?" You'll know I'm not really posing the question to you. You'd probably realize that without this disclaimer. You don't really have any power over my metabolism. If you do, then please tell me so I can stop blaming God.

So here goes nothin'! This might be my only post! You and I might be the only ones reading it, Abba! That's okay. I do hope I do well at this, though. I'll definitely need Your help, but if Erik can do it...

2 comments:

  1. WAHOOO!!! I can't believe you and Erik are both blogging- but please know that I really appreciate anything that you end up putting on here. I look forward to hearing things you think about and are willing to share and getting a glimpse into your life. Thanks. Your far-away-family will appreciate your efforts!

    ReplyDelete